Certificate in Dental Assistant –Licensure-Qualifying (42 Credits)
Dental Assistants are highly valued by the dental profession and have a choice of work environments from private offices to hospitals and clinics. As a dental assistant, you will be responsible for taking and processing dental x-rays, performing basic laboratory procedures, and providing patient education. Our Dental Assistant Program combines the latest technologies and hands-on experience to equip you with the necessary skill-sets to target the career of your dreams.
Want to Become Part of the Exciting World of Dental Healthcare?
Mandl’s New York based, fully equipped dental training facility allows you to have access to invaluable hands-on learning opportunities. You will discover common daily procedures as well as how to troubleshoot on-the-job scenarios. Our classroom theory and internships provide you the knowledge, experience and confidence to excel in a promising career as a Dental Assistant.
This is an attractive career choice for a number of reasons:
- Job Stability: New York City is one of the largest cities in the world with millions of residents proactive about attaining proper dental care
- High Demand: Estimated 36% increase of dental assistant positions in the next 8 years making job prospecting excellent (United States Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Competitive Salary: The starting salary is attractive with great growth potential
- Flexible Work Hours: You can choose between a number of work shifts and opt
to be full or part-time
- Rewarding experience: Enjoy the gratification of helping those in need
- Prestige: Become a member of the distinguished healthcare industry
Dental office employers value dental assistants who have a solid grasp of the essentials of oral care, latest technological advances, and experience working with patients. Becoming a Mandl Dental Assistant Graduate prepares you with the skills and real-world experience to make you a prime job candidate for hire.
Our school curriculum is based on three semesters that teach you the essentials of working in a dental office. It allows YOU to practice “on the job“ skills through a 300-hour professional internship and understand all aspects of oral care for patients.
- 1st Semester: Learn basic human head and neck anatomy, important computer skills, and become familiar with all the dental tools and materials
- 2nd Semester: Focuses on other essential aspects of a dental career including infection prevention, law and ethics, and tooth and gum disease prevention
- 3rd Semester: Apply the knowledge and skills that you have learned during a 300 hour professional internship
You will learn a wide variety of skills and perform numerous tasks on the job:
- Setting up trays for dental procedures
- Sterilizing tools to control infection spread through dental instruments
- Preparing patients to see the dentist
- Learning proper chair-side manner (making patients feel comfortable and at ease)
- Taking and processing dental x-rays
- Performing basic laboratory procedures
- Prepare dental materials: cements, amalgam, composite, impression materials, etc.
- Educating patients on oral hygiene treatment and proper plaque control
- Assisting with keeping patient records and scheduling appointments
Receiving a Dental Assistant Certificate allows you to work in a number of settings:
- Small Dental Clinics
- Private Practice Offices
- Large Government Hospitals
- County Hospitals
- State Health Departments
- Dental Labs
Become a Mandl Dental Assistant Graduate Today!
Enjoy the daily rewards of working with dentists and helping patients
Click Here To Contact a Dental Assistant Degree Advisor
Gainful Employment for Dental Assistant