Dental Assistant Certificate
Licensure Qualifying (42 Credits)
Become a Dental Assistant through Mandl Schools’ Dental Assistant Program. Our accredited college courses can help you get on track to an exciting career in the Dental Industry. Mandl Schools’ New York City Campus is one of the few campuses in Midtown Manhattan that offers a dental assistant course. A convenient location for our students to get the education they need and an easy commute for those who need to work and go to school. Students that graduate from Mandls’ Dental Assistant Certification program go on to obtain jobs in private dental offices, clinics and hospitals. Our program combines the latest technologies and hands-on experience that equip our students with the necessary skill-sets to get the career they want.
As a dental assistant, you will be responsible for taking and processing dental x-rays, performing basic laboratory procedures and providing patient education. Mandl is one of the premier technical dental assistant schools in NY. Our school is a fully equipped dental training facility, which allows you to have access to invaluable hands-on learning opportunities. As a dental assistant in training, you’ll learn about common daily procedures, as well as how to problem solve on-the-job scenarios. That practical training, combined with on the job dental assistant training as an intern and accredited classroom curriculum gives our students the knowledge, experience and confidence they need to excel in a promising career as a Certified Dental Assistant.
This is a promising career choice for a number of reasons:
- Job Stability: New York City is one of the largest cities in the world with millions of residents proactive about attaining proper dental care
- High Demand: Estimated 36% increase of dental assistant positions in the next 8 years making job prospecting excellent (United States Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Competitive Salary: The starting salary is attractive with great growth potential
- Flexible Work Hours: You can choose between a number of work shifts and have the flexibility to work either full-time or part-time
- Rewarding experience: Enjoy helping those in need and give them something to smile about
- Prestige: Become a member of the distinguished healthcare industry
Dental office employers value dental assistants who have a solid grasp of the essentials of oral care, latest technological advances, and experience working with patients. Graduates of Mandls’ Dental Assistant School in NY are equipped with the skills and real world experience that make them a top job candidate.
The dental assistant certification course is based on three semesters that teach you the essentials of working in a dental office. It allows YOU to practice real “on the job“ dental assistant training through a 300-hour professional internship and understand all aspects of oral care for patients.
- 1st Semester: Learn basic human head and neck anatomy, important computer skills, and become familiar with all the dental tools and materials
- 2nd Semester: Focuses on other essential aspects of a dental career including infection prevention, law and ethics, and tooth and gum disease prevention
- 3rd Semester: Apply the knowledge and skills that you have learned during a 300 hour professional internship
In order to qualify for admission to Mandl Schools’ Dental Assistant Program, applicants must have received a high school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D). Contact us today and talk to one of our representatives to help you get into one of the top Dental Assistant Schools in NYC.
You will learn a wide variety of skills and perform numerous tasks on the job:
- Setting up trays for dental procedures
- Sterilizing tools to control infection spread through dental instruments
- Preparing patients to see the dentist
- Learning proper chair-side manner (making patients feel comfortable and at ease)
- Taking and processing dental x-rays
- Performing basic laboratory procedures
- Prepare dental materials: cements, amalgam, composite, impression materials, etc.
- Educating patients on oral hygiene treatment and proper plaque control
- Assisting with keeping patient records and scheduling appointments
Receiving a Dental Assistant Certificate allows you to work in a number of settings:
- Small Dental Clinics
- Private Practice Dental Offices
- Large Government Hospitals
- County Hospitals
- State Health Departments
- Dental Labs
Become a Mandl Dental Assistant Graduate Today!
Enjoy the daily rewards of working with dentists and helping patients
Click Here To Contact a Dental Assistant Degree Advisor
Learn More About the Mandl Dental Assistant Course