Certificate in Dental Assistant –Licensure-Qualifying (42 Credits)
Dental Assistants are highly valued by the dental profession and have a choice of work environments from private offices to hospitals and clinics. As a dental assistant, you will be responsible for taking and processing dental x-rays, performing basic laboratory procedures, and providing patient education. Our Dental Assistant Program combines the latest technologies and hands-on experience to equip you with the necessary skill-sets to target the career of your dreams.
Mandl’s New York based, fully equipped dental training facility allows you to have access to invaluable hands-on learning opportunities. You will discover common daily procedures as well as how to troubleshoot on-the-job scenarios. Our classroom theory and internships provide you the knowledge, experience and confidence to excel in a promising career as a Dental Assistant.
This is an attractive career choice for a number of reasons:
- Job Stability: New York City is one of the largest cities in the world with millions of residents proactive about attaining proper dental care
- High Demand: Estimated 36% increase of dental assistant positions in the next 8 years making job prospecting excellent (United States Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Competitive Salary: The starting salary is attractive with great growth potential
- Flexible Work Hours: You can choose between a number of work shifts and opt
to be full or part-time
- Rewarding experience: Enjoy the gratification of helping those in need
- Prestige: Become a member of the distinguished healthcare industry
Dental office employers value dental assistants who have a solid grasp of the essentials of oral care, latest technological advances, and experience working with patients. Becoming a Mandl Dental Assistant Graduate prepares you with the skills and real-world experience to make you a prime job candidate for hire.
Our school curriculum is based on three semesters that teach you the essentials of working in a dental office. It allows YOU to practice “on the job“ skills through a 300-hour professional internship and understand all aspects of oral care for patients.
- 1st Semester: Learn basic human head and neck anatomy, important computer skills, and become familiar with all the dental tools and materials
- 2nd Semester: Focuses on other essential aspects of a dental career including infection prevention, law and ethics, and tooth and gum disease prevention
- 3rd Semester: Apply the knowledge and skills that you have learned during a 300 hour professional internship
In order to qualify for admission, applicants must have received a high school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D).
You will learn a wide variety of skills and perform numerous tasks on the job:
- Setting up trays for dental procedures
- Sterilizing tools to control infection spread through dental instruments
- Preparing patients to see the dentist
- Learning proper chair-side manner (making patients feel comfortable and at ease)
- Taking and processing dental x-rays
- Performing basic laboratory procedures
- Prepare dental materials: cements, amalgam, composite, impression materials, etc.
- Educating patients on oral hygiene treatment and proper plaque control
- Assisting with keeping patient records and scheduling appointments
Receiving a Dental Assistant Certificate allows you to work in a number of settings:
- Small Dental Clinics
- Private Practice Offices
- Large Government Hospitals
- County Hospitals
- State Health Departments
- Dental Labs
Become a Mandl Dental Assistant Graduate Today!
Enjoy the daily rewards of working with dentists and helping patients
Click Here To Contact a Dental Assistant Degree Advisor
Gainful Employment for Dental Assistant