Surgical Technologist Degree (AOS)
Want to Jump-start a Rewarding Career as a Surgical Tech?
As one of the best surgical technologist schools in NY, Mandl Schools‘ accredited surgical tech program prepares you with the relevant skills you need to succeed as a surgical technologist. Become an integral part of a team of medical practitioners that provide premier surgical care to patients. Students who complete Mandl Schools’ surgical tech program receive an Associate of Occupational Science (AOS) degree. Because the program is also accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), students who obtain the surgical tech degree are eligible take the Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) examination. Our students receive a wealth of classroom skills and scientific knowledge that will land them a job and prepare them for surgical tech certification. In the surgical tech school, they learn the use of modern surgical instruments and proper patient care in sterile environments. A part of our college course requires a hands on clinical internship. This gives our students the opportunity to get surgical tech training in a real world environment giving you hands-on experience in surgical situations that will transfer into the real world.
This is an attractive career choice for a number of reasons:
- Job Stability: According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), surgical tech jobs are expected to grow much faster than average
- Flexible Work Hours: You can choose between a number of work shifts and opt
to be full-time or part-time
- Rewarding Experience: Enjoy the gratification of helping those in need
- Prestige: Become a member of the distinguished healthcare industry
Mandl is one of the best surgical tech schools in NY because we offer a comprehensive program that provides students with the skills and training essential to becoming a Surgical Tech. The college courses at Mandl School will teach you:
- Anatomy fundamentals, complex anatomy, and physiology
- Basic essentials such as medical ethics and law
- Pharmacology and drug dosing
- Computer and technology skills
- Extensive medical vocabulary
In addition to possessing a high school diploma or equivalent (GED), applicants wishing to attend the surgical tech school at Mandls’ NY midtown campus must also meet minimum scores on the Accuplacer exam of 78 in Reading Comprehension and 80 in Sentence Skills. Remedial courses are not permitted for applicants interested in enrolling in the Surgical Tech program.
Surgical Technologists, which are also referred to as surgical techs or operating room technicians, provide assistance in surgical operations. This includes pre and post-operative preparations of the surgical room and equipment as well as assisting Doctors throughout the surgical procedure.
The Mandl School surgical tech training teaches:
- Patient intake including logging medical histories and recording vital signs
- Correct transportation of patients from site to site in the hospital
- Setup and handling of surgical instruments
- Pre- and post-operative patient care
- Methods to assist the surgeon such as retracting tissues at the surgery site
- Wound care including suturing and dressing changes
- Practical operating room procedures and handling emergencies
Mandl School, The College of Allied Health in NYC is known as one of the premier accredited surgical tech schools in New York. As a college of Allied Health, our accredited college courses provide up to date training as well as hands on surgical tech training that make our students eligible to take the Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) examination. Students receiving a surgical tech degree at Mandl School get a high quality education that allows them to work in a number of settings:
- Private Specialty Clinics
- Large Medical Facilities
- Operating Rooms
- Government Facilities
- OBGYN Clinics
Become a Mandl Surgical Technologist Graduate Today!
Enjoy the daily rewards of working with physicians and helping patients
Contact an Advisor about the Surgical Technologist Degree
Gainful Employment for Surgical Technologist Information