A.A.S. In Health Care Administration (60 credits)
The Associate in Applied Science degree program in Health Care Administration at Mandl provides students with an in-depth understanding of the healthcare sector and the essential competencies needed for the practice. Our program includes comprehensive training in sophisticated administration and high level technical skills tailored to meet the current and future needs of the healthcare industry. Discussion of relevant legislative and regulatory issues related to the industry is also a major component of this up-to-date, real-world curriculum. The program also provides students with the firm academic foundation needed to pursue advanced studies in the future.
Attending Mandl’s healthcare administration program is the Perfect Choice for You! This program prepares students for the field with a combination of real-world business and health information technology skills. You gain competitive advantage both in launching your career and in learning applied competencies that are essential for your success. The program provides graduates with the advantage of understanding the specialized language, financing and politics of the healthcare system.
The curriculum provides an in-depth knowledge of financial aspects of healthcare covering topics in reimbursement; coding and billing as well as the ability to organize analyze and technically evaluate health information. Graduates of the program are eligible to sit for different certification exams in coding and billing.
Typical career paths for HCA students are:
- Admitting Clerk
- Insurance Reimbursement Specialist
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Medical Records Clerk
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Office Coordinator
- Physician’s Office Assistant
This is an attractive career choice for a number of reasons:
- Job Stability: This is the fastest growing industry in the U.S. with the aging of the entire population.
- High Demand: The Occupational Outlook Handbook, predicts a Faster than average growth rate for this occupation- approximately 34% increase through 2018 (US Bureau of Labor Statistics). The healthcare industry will continue to expand and diversify, requiring administrators to help ensure smooth business operations.
- Competitive Salary: The starting salary is attractive with great growth potential.
- Rewarding Experience: Enjoy the gratification of helping those in need.
- Prestige: Become a member of the distinguished healthcare industry.
Located in the heart of New York City, our College of Allied Health offers:
- Skills-focused program that helps you to acquire the skill-sets to work as a Health Care Office Administrator.
- Dedicated instructors and new technology to help you practice classroom skills.
- The ability to learn the skills used in theory and practice of CPT (procedure codes), ICD-10 (diagnoses codes), and HCPCS codes for hospital billing
In order to qualify for admission, applicants must have received a high school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D).
Receiving a professional degree in healthcare administration allows you to work in a number of settings:
- Hospitals and Health Systems management
- Medical groups
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
- Care management organizations
- Health information technology firms
- Supply chain companies
- Multi-practice clinics
- Private, Specialized Health Clinics
- Medical Laboratories
- Diagnostic Imaging Firms
- Nursing Homes
- Geriatric Care Facilities
- Medical Records Offices
- Insurance Companies
Become a Mandl Medical Billing & Coding Graduate Today!
Enjoy the daily rewards of working in the Medical Industry
Click Here To Contact a Health Care Administration Advisor
Gainful Employment for Health Care Administration