A.A.S. In Health Care Administration
The Associate in Applied Science degree program in Health Care Administration at the Mandl School The College of Allied Health provides students with an in-depth understanding of the healthcare sector and the essential competencies needed for the practice. Our Associates Degree healthcare administration program includes comprehensive training in sophisticated administration such as medical billing and coding as well as high level technical skills tailored to meet the current and future needs of the healthcare industry. Discussion of relevant legislative and regulatory issues related to the industry is also a major component of this up-to-date, real-world curriculum. The program also provides students with the firm academic foundation needed to pursue advanced studies in the future.
Mandl’s healthcare administration programs offer the best choices to you! As one of the top schools in New York, Mandl School The College of Allied Health prepares students for the field with a combination of real-world business and health information technology skills. You gain competitive advantage both in launching your career and in learning applied competencies that are essential for your success. The program provides graduates with the advantage of understanding the specialized language, financing and politics of the healthcare system.
Our accredited college courses and curriculum provides an in-depth knowledge of financial aspects of healthcare administration and covers topics including health insurance, reimbursement, medical billing and coding. The curriculum gives students the ability to organize analyze and technically evaluate health information and records. Graduates of the program are eligible to sit for different certification exams in medical coding and billing.
Typical career paths for Health Care Administration students are:
- Admitting Clerk
- Insurance Reimbursement Specialist
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Medical Records Clerk
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Office Coordinator
- Physician’s Office Assistant
This is an attractive career choice for a number of reasons:
- Job Stability: This is the fastest growing industry in the U.S. with the aging of the entire population.
- High Demand: The Occupational Outlook Handbook, predicts a Faster than average growth rate for this occupation- approximately 34% increase through 2018 (US Bureau of Labor Statistics). The healthcare industry will continue to expand and diversify, requiring administrators to help ensure smooth business operations.
- Competitive Salary: The starting salary is attractive with great growth potential.
- Rewarding Experience: Enjoy the gratification of helping those in need.
- Prestige: Become a member of the distinguished healthcare industry.
Mandl School, The College of Allied Health is located in the heart of New York City. Our Midtown campus is close to public transportation making it easy for you to balance going to work and continuing to further your education. Our Health Care Administration program offers:
Skills-focused program that helps you to acquire the skill-sets to work as a Health Care Office Administrator. Mandl School believes in giving our students the hands on experience they need to succeed in their future work environment. The Health Care Administration program requires an externship before graduation. The externship is a non-paid position where students work with the externship coordinator to place them in a live professional environment where the student will receive hands on training. Mandl has strong partnerships in the New York City medical community that gives our students this unique opportunity.
Dedicated instructors and new technology to help you practice classroom skills.
The ability to learn the skills used in theory and practice of CPT (procedure codes), ICD-10 (diagnoses codes), and HCPCS codes for hospital billing
- Skills-focused program that helps you to acquire the skill-sets to work as a Health Care Office Administrator.
- Dedicated instructors and new technology to help you practice classroom skills.
- The ability to learn the skills used in theory and practice of CPT (procedure codes), ICD-10 (diagnoses codes), and HCPCS codes for hospital billing
In order to qualify for admission into the Health Care Administration degree program, applicants must have received a high school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D). Contact the Director or Enrollment to learn more about the admissions process. If you have questions about transferring college credits contact the office of Academic Affairs. If you have questions about Financing and Financial Aid contact one of our financial aid experts. For International students seeking enrollment, please contact the Director of Enrollment at (212) 247-3434 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Receiving a professional associates degree in healthcare administration allows you to work in a number of settings:
- Hospitals and Health Systems management
- Medical groups
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
- Care management organizations
- Health information technology firms
- Supply chain companies
- Multi-practice clinics
- Private, Specialized Health Clinics
- Medical Laboratories
- Diagnostic Imaging Firms
- Nursing Homes
- Geriatric Care Facilities
- Medical Records Offices
- Insurance Companies
- Click the link for more information on Medical Billing and Coding Schools in NYC.
Click the link for more information on Medical Billing and Coding Certifications.
Click the link for more information on Healthcare Administration Associate Degree Programs.
Click the link for more information on Medical Billing and Training Courses.
Become a Mandl Health Care Administration Graduate Today!
Enjoy the daily rewards of working in the Medical Industry
Click Here To Contact a Health Care Administration Advisor
Gainful Employment Information for Health Care Administration