A.O.S. in Medical Assisting (60 Credits)
An Associate of Occupational Studies in Medical Assisting from the Mandl medical assistant school in NYC will give you a competitive edge in an environment where Medical Assistants are in high demand due to recent changes in United States healthcare policies. As a Medical Assistant in training, you will learn to work in clinical areas, perform lab tests, and assume a variety of administrative duties in medical clinics, hospitals, doctor’s offices, health insurance organizations, or other healthcare facilities.
Mandl College is your next step. We offer one of the best medical assistant associate degree programs in NYC and our graduates are proof of that.
Our graduates are what set Mandl apart from other medical assistant schools in NYC. We offer a practical and comprehensive medical assistant program designed to prepare students for some of the most needed jobs in the healthcare industry. Our graduates leave the program with the keen knowledge of clinical skills and office procedures required to successfully embark on a gratifying career in healthcare. The coursework has been designed to build clinical laboratory procedure and administrative medical office skills that today’s employers find extremely valuable in the medical job market.
- Job Stability: Medical Assistant is expected to be one of the fastest growing healthcare professions in the coming decade (U.S. Department of Labor).
- High Demand: According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, “Employment of medical assistants is expected to grow 34% from 2008 to 2018, much faster than the average for all occupations. Job opportunities should be excellent, particularly for those with formal training or experience, and certification.
- Flexible Work Hours: You can choose between a number of work shifts and opt to be full or part-time.
- Rewarding Experience: Enjoy the gratification of helping those in need.
- Prestige: Become a member of the distinguished healthcare industry.
Conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan, the heart of New York City, this two-year (60 credits) medical assisting degree program features:
- State of the Art Supplies: campus laboratories are well equipped with modern instrumentation for training and education
- Cutting Edge Technology: used to teach patient data recording and retrieval, insurance form preparation, and medical billing and coding software
- Hands-on Experience: participate in an off-campus supervised internship before receiving your medical assistant degree
In order to qualify for admission, applicants must have received a high school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D).
The programs classes are designed to prepare you for entry-level jobs duties such as:
- Patient Intake: medical histories, record vital signs
- Educate the patient on treatment procedures, medications, and special diets
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens and tests
- Perform venipuncture, blood work, and patient positioning
- Prepare patients for x-rays and examinations
- Take electrocardiograms (EKG’s)
- Medical records management
- Clinical diagnostic procedures and clinical office assisting techniques
- Assist during physical exams and office emergencies
You will be fully prepared to have a career in the Medical Field:
- Build a professional vocabulary of medical terminology
- Acquire basic knowledge of anatomy/physiology
- Assist the physician with a medical exam
- Understand fundamental medical ethics, concepts, and theory
- Possess the skills necessary to work alongside the physician in a variety of health offices and settings
- Function capably in a medical office environment, including understanding the processes of medical billing and medical coding
Many graduates of the Mandl Medical Associates Degree program will immediately assume positions as Medical Assistants in:
- Healthcare Facilities
- Private Physician Offices
- Insurance Organizations
Become a Mandl Medical Assistant Graduate Today!
Enjoy the daily rewards of working with physicians and helping patients
Click Here To Contact a Medical Assistant Degree Advisor
Gainful Employment for Medical Assistant