A.O.S. in Medical Assisting (60 Credits)
When Medical Assistants graduate with an Associates Degree from Mandl, they are among the best trained and educated in the nation. That gives you the competitive edge in an environment where Medical Assistants are already in increased demand due to recent changes in United States healthcare policies. As a Medical Assistant, you will work in clinical areas, perform laboratory tests, and assume a variety of administrative responsibilities in medical clinics, hospitals, doctor’s offices, health insurance organizations, or other healthcare facilities.
Mandl College is your next step. Our Associates Degree program produces college graduates who possess the keen knowledge of clinical skills and office procedures required to be become a proficient Medical Assistant. The coursework has been designed to build clinical laboratory procedure and administrative medical office skills that today’s employers find extremely valuable in the medical job market.
- Job Stability: Medical Assistant is expected to be one of the fastest growing healthcare professions in the coming decade (U.S. Department of Labor).
- High Demand: According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, “Employment of medical assistants is expected to grow 34% from 2008 to 2018, much faster than the average for all occupations. Job opportunities should be excellent, particularly for those with formal training or experience, and certification.
- Flexible Work Hours: You can choose between a number of work shifts and opt to be full or part-time.
- Rewarding Experience: Enjoy the gratification of helping those in need.
- Prestige: Become a member of the distinguished healthcare industry.
Conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan, the heart of New York City, this two-year (60 credits) medical assisting degree program features:
- State of the Art Supplies: campus laboratories are well equipped with modern instrumentation for training and education
- Cutting Edge Technology: used to teach patient data recording and retrieval, insurance form preparation, and medical billing and coding software
- Hands-on Experience: participate in an off-campus supervised internship before receiving your medical assistant degree
In order to qualify for admission, applicants must have received a high school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D).
The programs classes are designed to prepare you for entry-level jobs duties such as:
- Patient Intake: medical histories, record vital signs
- Educate the patient on treatment procedures, medications, and special diets
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens and tests
- Perform venipuncture, blood work, and patient positioning
- Prepare patients for x-rays and examinations
- Take electrocardiograms (EKG’s)
- Medical records management
- Clinical diagnostic procedures and clinical office assisting techniques
- Assist during physical exams and office emergencies
You will be fully prepared to have a career in the Medical Field:
- Build a professional vocabulary of medical terminology
- Acquire basic knowledge of anatomy/physiology
- Assist the physician with a medical exam
- Understand fundamental medical ethics, concepts, and theory
- Possess the skills necessary to work alongside the physician in a variety of health offices and settings
- Function capably in a medical office environment, including understanding the processes of medical billing and medical coding
Many graduates of the Mandl Medical Associates Degree program will immediately assume positions as Medical Assistants in:
- Healthcare Facilities
- Private Physician Offices
- Insurance Organizations
Become a Mandl Medical Assistant Graduate Today!
Enjoy the daily rewards of working with physicians and helping patients
Click Here To Contact a Medical Assistant Degree Advisor
Gainful Employment for Medical Assistant